The sooner you quit, the better. Here are some things that can make a big impact on your quit journey:
- Asking for help isn’t weak, it’s a smart move! If you feel comfortable, talk to friends or adults you trust about wanting to quit. Getting support from important people in your life can make a big difference.
- It’s normal for people to slip up when they’re trying to quit. If you slip, don’t think of it as a failure. It just means you might want to try quitting in a different way.
- Being prepared increases your chances of quitting successfully. Make a plan, stick to it, and keep trying to quit until you get it down.
The free quitSTART app is made for teens and can help you quit smoking. It gives you customized tips, inspiration, and challenges so you can quit for good.
|LiveHelp - Quitting Smoking Chat|
Try the National Cancer Institute’s LiveHelp online chat. You will be connected with a trained specialist who can answer your questions and give you information about quitting smoking.
LiveHelp is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time. LiveHelp also is available in Spanish.
|Smokefree Teen has free text message programs that give you 24/7 tips, advice, and encouragement to help you become—and stay—tobacco free. These programs look just like a text conversation you’d have with a friend.|
● 877-448-QUIT (877-448-7848)
● 800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669)